The Golf Course is sited on 116 acres of land, situated to the north of Camelon 1 .5 miles from Falkirk Town Centre. It lies between the A9 and the Edinburgh/Perth Railway Line and magnificent views of the Forth Valley, including the Kingdom of Fife, and the Ochil and Denny Hills, can be seen from various parts of the course. On a clear day the Forth Bridges can be seen from the 3rd tee.
This area was known locally as "Meg Allan's Bog". It would appear this boggy texture of land is probably due to the River Carron which, until 1757, flowed over the ground on the present 4th, 17th and 18th fairways.
The extensive practice area occupies the ground on which the most northerly Roman Fort was built on the high ground overlooking the River Carron after the previous practice area was turned into the 10th hole in 1957.